Tuesday, March 22, 2011

back on track and online



i arrived home on sunday evening to a computer problem (couldn't load my photos onto the computer). but all is well now. it was an odd day. being home without a computer. when i travel or spend time at the cabin it's easy to forget that competers exist. but at home my computer is in the living room. i pass by it all day long. i spin beside it. i start my morning at it - blog entry, etsy shop update, facebook etc. and then during the day its checking and responding to emails. researching etc. i can't do what i do without a computer but it was nice for one day to not be feeling the pull.
my trip to st. john's was quick and lovely. a seminar panel saturday afternoon. an intense concentrated visit with my daughter and son-in-law and grandchildren. delivering orders and picking up my new spinning wheel. saturday night the whole family headed off to j's korean restaurant on duckworth st. for dinner - a first for all of us and it was like being on holiday in a foreign country. the children are experimental eaters and loved delving into new foods like seaweed salad.
this morning i'm back on track and beginning the next order. maybe with my new wheel!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about and seeing your new wheel and what kind of information was shared at the panel :)

Taos Sunflower said...

How Finn has grown! Sigh. It happens so quickly. I love that he's drawing already.

bluebird of paradise said...

look at finn! Getting so big....
Hope all is well and I am missing you.