Wednesday, January 9, 2008

class prep

i go back to teaching today. i teach 1 course at the university in the winter semester (2 afternoons/week). it's an art basics course for third year stage craft students. it's an ideal teaching situation (i have taught in many not ideal situations over the years!). i usually have a class of around 4 students. very keen and dedicated. i start the class by seeing what they need - it's often figure drawing, confidence in colour theory etc. i introduce a craft project each year (very important!). last year the students came to my home and i taught them how to knit. this year barb hunt will come to my class and teach embroidery. i hate to leave my home, my routine, my work. but if you have to work outside the home (and most of us "self-employed" do), this ain't bad!


No comments: