Monday, September 13, 2010

remembering to take a breath


it's mid-sept. and this time of year, crafts people (myself included) are working flat out. i'm finishing up a big craft council shop order this week and next week will be devoted to spinning up an order for a good yarn shop in st. john's. then on all my attention will be on product for the toronto one of a kind. long hours. restless nights.
so it's very important to occassionally look up and breathe. yesterday morning barb had myself and tess and brenda over for brunch. her new home is bright and uncluttered. a place for clear thought. good food and good conversation. i came back home to my clutter. refreshed and inspired and stronger.

1 comment:

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Hello Shawn...you are so right about having these friends and places to gather strength from...I really enjoyed meeting you at the Toronto show and will send you the photos I took one of these days when I get organized! Cheers...