Thursday, September 2, 2010

the children's book


one of my goals for last weekend's little whirlwind trip was to hole up in my hotel room and finally finish a.s byatt's "the children's book". i started it in early summer and although i loved it, it kept being put aside for other reading.
i've always felt that in a past life i lived in edwardian england. i felt completely at home in this book. years ago i devoured byatt's "possession". i've never read a fiction authour who sees and writes so much like a visual artist. her descriptions make me swoon. so when i finally finished this 700 page book, i was sad that it was over.

2 comments:

bluebird of paradise said...

Don't forget, me next!

Taos Sunflower said...

That's why you kept putting the book down...you didn't want it to end. I know how that feels. Sometimes it takes a long time to start another...