Tuesday, November 18, 2008

i can go in any direction




i love the freedom of expression i have with my yarn. when an artist (painter, sculptor) is working on a "body of work" the assumption is that it will all be concerned with a certain "theme". each piece relates to the other. although my yarn is becoming more recognizably mine (the way i spin, the textured materials i add in etc.) i can go wherever i want with the "subject". yesterday i spun up 2 skeins. the first i've called "brighton beach". i've always loved the photos of the bathing huts or "boxes" on brighton beach in southern england. the second i've called "victorian ladies". soft, muted greys and purples with a hint of white lace peeking through.

3 comments:

bennie said...

love the bits of lace in the yarn...very pretty both of them...

Anonymous said...

yarns...we must be on the same path...I did two this weekend I am planning to call Victoriana for the same reason...I am fascinated with the Victorian era but doubt I would've been a good, proper, Victorian woman...

PhatLady said...

Oh I adore brighton beach!!
I would say, yes your yarn is definately becoming recognizable as being "yours".