Tuesday, November 11, 2008

baby #3

in early january my daughter and her husband are expecting their third child. my third grandchild. when eamon was born (he's going on 9)i was still painting, but i had spent all 9 months knitting for him. my daughter had so many comments about his "wardrobe" that it encouraged me to start selling what i was making. when lucy was born (she's 3 and was a summer solstice baby) i was mostly sewing children's clothes - vintage fabrics, recycled chenille bedspreads) so i didn't knit as much but she had little chenille jumpers and skirts and overalls... this time i'm too busy knitting to knit. after the toronto show (early dec.) i hope to spend the month knitting for this little one. my daughter reminded me that the new baby needs a christmas stocking (i had made stockings for the others), so for the past two days (in between spinning) i worked on it, and finished it up last night.

2 comments:

Beth at WhorlingTides said...

Every baby should have a grand mother like you.

PhatLady said...

A treasured heirloom for sure!