Wednesday, April 6, 2011

summer of love




1967. i was 17. my last summer living at home. working in a bookstore and heading down to yorkville (the hippie not the yuppie yorkville) any chance i got. travelling with a friend to montreal for expo'67 and canada seeming to come of age. falling in love with a boy who would be my husband for 26 years. and in san fransisco, thousands of young people converging at haight-ashbury in san fransisco to express their opposition to american consumerism and imperialism. to share food and dope and love. next week i'll be making a pilgrimage.

3 comments:

Niki said...

Shaun, you know how much I'd love to be going with you!!!!!!!!!!! Some day I'll visit San Fran as well...when???? But my time will come. I can't wait to see all your photos....please get a pic of Haight-Ashbury for me.
Have fun.
xoxo

Brenda Stratton said...

That was funny post Shawn. I think you and Barb are going to have some fun!

Margot said...

I love, LOVE, these colours. Are you putting this skein up on etsy?