Wednesday, June 9, 2010

order and disorder


i've been living in chaos these past few weeks trying to get orders filled for the coming tourist season. for the past year or so i've been mainly dyeing and spinnig and knitting, so my studio has been completely yarn focused - all the dyes in one area, the fleece in another. the shelves hold baskets of commercial novelty yarn arranged according to colour. but lately the studio has also held my draughting table and all my paints because some of my shop orders involve my painted boxes and magnets etc. and this past week or so i've been rug hooking so the bags of fabric have come up from the basement and have been strewn over the studio floor so i can make colour choices for the mats. the studio looks like a room in the tv show "hoarders". i hope to finish off the last mat today and get some order back into my studio.

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

Will the craft show still be on at Devon House in July? I'm going to be in St Johns for a week starting July 16.... would love to see more of your work.

Unknown said...

the show will be there all summer long!