Thursday, June 3, 2010

all my eggs...



the summer months are slow for yarn and knitwear sales. etsy has gone quiet (most of my customers are american and summer hit early in most of the states). it's a time that i can begin to stockpile for the fall and winter but that doesn't bring in income now. last summer saw corner brook's first farmer's market and each week with the market i was able to make enough income to carry me through the week (you don't need as much money in the summer).
i love these egg baskets for displaying my yarn - especially at the market. emily at kewpiesfarmhouse runs a wonderful vintage shop on etsy and keeps an eye out for these baskets for me. we do trades. she sent me up this basket yesterday and i've been dyeing and spinning yarn to make her a pair of mittens to match a scarf she got from me last year. who needs money!

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

I can just imagine your yarn on display in that orange basket.

bluebird of paradise said...

What a wonderful economy, we should do all our business by bartering...