yesterday was the first day without grandchildren/children/company all summer so i decided to devote it to some of the things i like best.
* getting out a load of laundry on the line early to soak up a day of sunshine.
* keith and i drove out to the community garden and weeded for the first time. no-one else there and so perfectly still and quiet.(forgot my camera)
* dyeing up some lovely earthy colours (using marigold and henna) and a pale aqua (with kool-aid) and a raspberry (with vermillion acid dye) and drying them outside.
* a lunch outside with a salad almost completely from my garden - lettuce and tomatoes and cucumbers and zucchini and parsley. and a good read.
* reading in the late afternoon sun.
*a dog walk in the early evening.
and blueberry picking (enough for our cereal and a batch of muffins).
a perfect day. but i'm missing the grandchildren.