Sunday, April 18, 2010

what i did on my holiday




this is day 3 of my self-imposed "holiday at home". and i'm loving it! i've thrown myself into house cleaning - not the once a week vacuum every surface kind of cleaning - but the deep sorting - the cupboards and closets. the windows and the ledges. today the plan is to tackle the filing cabinet (it's probably been 10 years since i really weeded it out). the weather has either been snowy or rainy so i'm not tempted into the garden. i've spent an hour or so each afternoon on the couch reading (have almost finished azar nafisi's "reading lolita in tehran. last night i started knitting a sweater for my youngest grandchild. finn is over a year now and i have only knit him a blanket (at his birth) and a couple of hats. because i spin and knit for a living, i don't have time to knit for my grandchildren. so this is a simple pullover using golden bamboo that was given to me a few years ago. and it's a pleasure to work out a new pattern with yarn that isn't mine!
yesterday i was talking with my friend barb. she is also an artist and knows how hard it is to ever stop working. she suggested i take 1 day off a week. and i will...

No comments: