Tuesday, April 13, 2010

trinity/ bonavista






we got home from our little holiday last evening. after working so hard i love having a "transition" time with my family before heading back into the studio.
we spent night and 2 days in the trinity/bonavista bay area. we stayed at erin house. the family had rented it for 5 days and were well settled in when we arrived. the film director barb doran (among other things she produced "random passage") owns 3 homes that can be rented in the area. i've never stayed in a more beautiful and comfortable vacation home! we visited the historical towns of trinity (pop. 47 off-season, thousands during the summer) and bonavista. from erin house, the children had the open meadows looking out to the ocean to play in. and lots of walking trails to explore. toronto seemed very far away....

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Hi Shawn,
It is Barbara here from the One of a Kind (an original islander now living in Oakville). I am so glad you had a good trip ... I so love Trinity and have been many times. Thank you for chatting with me about fibre arts and crossing from one media to another. I will let you know when I start a blog!
Take good care ...