Tuesday, May 17, 2011

trees in st. john's





the trees in st. john's are big and old. and, as in any city, precious. last year's hurricane igor toppled many of them and in bannerman park only the sawed off stumps remain. many of the trees that survived were lovingly "protected" by artist heidi wagner and friends. my daughter and family live downtown and have been fortunate to have their property look out onto a little forest. until this week when the owners cut down all the trees to build a new home...

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

Have a good time in St John's, I'd love to be visiting too!

Susan said...

Love seeing this city through your eyes! After yesterday's post I thought I should get out and take more pictures of it myself. I love those milk carton birdfeeders, and it's so nice they're lasting longer this year than last when they were vandalized almost as soon as they were up.