Thursday, May 19, 2011

clear sight



(actually yesterday afternoon i had toothpaste on my finger and, not knowing it, rubbed my eye which immediately triggered a migraine. so i am appreciating my clear sight today). but this post really is about cleaning and organizing my house. and making hard decisions about what to keep and what to get rid of. i find the clutter overwhelming. and i live in a small house with little storage. so my possessions are always spilling over. this week i've been taking a few hours each day to de-clutter. keep. donate. toss. we've had a dumpster out front from the roofing project so the tossing has been made easy. yesterday i even tackled my recipes - some i've kept for 30 years (ie my ex-mother-in-laws pork chops and i've been vegetarian for over 20 years...). and today - the most difficult project - my studio. i work at so many different projects - dyeing and spinning and knitting and felting and sewing. hard to find a place for all the materials let alone a space to work on them. i'll show you the after pictures tomorrow and hopefully there'll be a difference.

4 comments:

Shammickite said...

Tossing and getting rid of excess "stuff" is so cathartic... especially in the spring, the season of renewal!

Newfoundland Fibre Artist said...

I know what you mean...I have to do the same...I hold on to things...

Gina said...

I hate clutter too and it seems a constant battle to keep things clear. I wish my "before" pictures looked as good as yours though!

Taos Sunflower said...

Wow, Shawn, your studio looks good already! And what is it with us and old recipes? I have piles of them too and I never use recipes. Some sort of nesting instinct? Having a dumpster is a great opportunity. Too hard to crawl in if you change your mind. Good for you.