Wednesday, March 17, 2010

like a plant



this spring i've decided to treat my body as a plant. i will give it lots of water and sunlight. i will figure out what it needs. how to keep it in balance. i will nurture it as i do my seedlings.
my homeopathic doctor kim got me eating seaweed - full of the iodine i need for my under active thyroid. and also "salba" - this wonder food full of omega3 and lots of other great things. i'm putting it in everything - my morning cereal, the bread i bake, my evening yoghurt. my roots are getting stronger...

5 comments:

Shammickite said...

How do you prepare the seaweed?
When I was little and living by the sea in England, we used to eat a seaweed fresh from the sea called "laver", it was usually served with bacon.

Unknown said...

i soak the seaweed for about 15 minutes to soften it up and then i add it to stir-fry. or put it in a soup.

bluebird of paradise said...

This is green!

Taos Sunflower said...

Thank you for telling us about Salba, Shawn. Monte's daughters are going to look for it at Whole Foods in Santa Fe soon. It sounds like just what we need. PS I wish I could have eaten that bowl of stir fry for you...broccoli is my favorite vege, I eat it almost every night!

Niki said...

Good job on the Salba. Chia seeds are so incredible. We have been using Salba for some time and it is so versatile in smoothies, oatmeal and even sprinkled on the kids grilled cheese sandwiches. I bet you'll notice a big difference in your energy as well Shawn.
Thanks for the bday greetings.
Have a grateful day
Niki