Saturday, October 3, 2009

one year later


last evening i went to the west coast agricultural fair. last year i was invited to do a spinning demonstration at the fair. i'd only been spinning on a wheel for 6 months and was a little nervous about my ability. i had been using my handspun in my own knitting but no one else had seen it. i decided to bring along a few skeins and see what the reaction was. well - it was so positive that i came home and started listing handspun on my etsy shop. one year later it is my main source of income. what a difference a year makes.

3 comments:

Pat said...

congrats for doing work that nourishes and for finding a supportive market for your lovely yarns.

Stone Angel said...

I want to thank Robyn for alerting me to your beautiful site and yarns. Congratulations!

Taos Sunflower said...

That's awesome, Shawn.