Friday, July 10, 2009

surfacing

this week i needed to complete an order of painted wooden objects - magnets, boxes, key holders - for hunky dory in woody point. it's that time of year when alot of visitors from away want to take back something "fish" related to remember their vacation in newfoundland. in the past these items (along with my hooked mats) have kept me going financially through the summer months. tourism is slow this year. the recession. the cost of gas. so the orders this year have been smaller. i've had my head down all week - difficult because the weather has been lovely. but i'm finished now. will deliver it today and can turn my attention back to the garden and the wool dyeing.

1 comment:

Taos Sunflower said...

Shawn: I love your fish boxes. I fell in love with them when I first found your blog and shop. I hope things pick up in your part of the world...it's quiet here, too.