Sunday, July 5, 2009

rhubarb muffins

in my pursuit of getting more balance in my life, i've made a mental list of things to spend more time on. in no particular order: friends, reading, gardening, meditation and yoga, cooking and baking. things that have taken a back seat when i spend all my time working on my craft. when i was married and the children were small, food preparation was a big part of my life. keith is content with simple and repetitive meals so there has been no incentive to put time into food preparation since we've been together. and with menopausal weight gain i've tried to avoid baking. but lately i've really been wanting to cook and bake again. so yesterday i made these muffins - a recipe from my past. (couldn't find rhubarb in the grocery store so raided my neighbour's patch - they're away for the weekend but i knew they wouldn't mind).

rhubarb muffins

whisk together 3/4 c. sour cream, 1/4 c veg. oil, 1 large egg
in a separate bowl combine 1 1/3 c white flour, 2/3c brown sugar, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 t. salt
fold the liquid ingred. into the dry and add 1 c. finely chopped rhubarb.
put in muffin tin and top with: 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1/4 c. nuts, 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, 2 tsp. melted butter

bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min.

mmmm - Delicious.

2 comments:

Stitching Upstairs said...

Interesting but in my quest for balance I have "listed" the same things, minus the yoga which my old body objects to anymore. I have a feeling that artists the world over want more balance.

Thanks for the recipe, sounds yummy. Will try it if I can find some rhubarb.....unfortunately my neighbor is not growing any.

bluebird of paradise said...

the rhubarb muffins sound great. Cna't wait to try some.