Thursday, February 5, 2009

a teaching job from heaven


every winter i teach a course with the local university. it's for 3rd year stage craft students. it's designed (by me) to give them a smattering of art experiences in drawing, painting, print-making and sculpture. i've also added a craft element.it's 2 afternoons/week for 12 weeks and the pay is excellent. the classes are minuscule - anywhere from 1 to 6 students. this year i have 2. yesterday they came to my home. i talked to them about fibre. we dyed up some fleece (kool-aid, onion skins). then i showed them how to use the spindle. tomorrow they'll come back, make up some batts from the fleece they've dyed and from what they've chosen from my stash, and then they'll knit a scarf, scarflette or hat. so it's 3 classes of bliss for me...

1 comment:

Trailing Mira said...

If only I had gone to the C.B. campus instead of the townie campues!!! *sigh*.... sounds like a wonderful course :)