Friday, September 26, 2008

not all nicey nicey


when most people think of spinning and knitting they think of soft spoken grannies in rocking chairs in front of the fireplace. (hmmm - i think that's a pretty good description of me). but there is another group now. one with an edge. and i love that it's there. one of my first sources of yarn and fleece was from beth at whorlingtides in alabama - and my first skein of yarn i bought from her was called "sweeney tod" (you can just imagine the colours!). last week i got this roving from cloudlover9 (both have etsy shops). the names were "rotten"pumpkins" and "belledonna". irresistable...

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Hey - I had my eye on that rotten pumpkin!! but I'm saving myself for Rhinebeck. No, us spinsters are not a retiring group...keep spreading the word!