Wednesday, May 14, 2008

nursery




i'm obsessed with garden nurseries. when i was a child my father owned one. my sisters and i played in the greenhouses, ran through the rows of saplings.


walking into a greenhouse. the moist dirt, the scent of the flowers make me swoon. i can spend hours in a trance inspecting every plant. on the weekend i picked up my first flat of flowers - little geranium cuttings. i take them in at night (we're still getting frost) and put them out in the morning. i've been knitting "flowers" this week.

2 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

mmmmm I especially love the rose colored scarf.

Shammickite said...

I bought a flat of impatiens yesterday too. Too cold to put them out at night yet. I bought assorted metal baskets at the thrift shop over the winter... lined them with coconut matting stuff, and planted some of the flowers.... they're going to look great. LOve your summery colours.
Specially yeaterdays blue mat.