Thursday, May 22, 2008

honest beauty




i'm flying out to st. john's this afternoon. i'll be gone for 10 days. my "honest beauty" hooked mat exhibition opens on saturday. next thursday i drive on to lumsden for 3 days of craft council meetings (i'm looking forward to seeing a part of newfoundland i don't know). today i make decisions about what to take. my knitting has become so complex that it's hard to carry it with me. i have a large hooked mat to do (as an exchange for yarn and roving from whorlingtides). so i'll take that along. and a few tiny mats to finish up for my order. i want to clear the decks so that when i return june 1st with my spinning wheel i can throw myself into spinning and knitting. i think i can continue writing on my blog and keep my etsy shop going while i'm away - just no photos...

1 comment:

Beth at WhorlingTides said...

Hi Shawn,
I was looking at your blog to send to a friend of mine who wants to write a story about fiber arts and artists. (She is a senior editor at Lark Books.) Anyway, I see the lovely comments you made about our trade. You are so sweet and thoughtful. Hopefully you will enjoy your trip. I'll be sending you happy thoughts. Take care, Beth