Sunday, May 4, 2008

fog depositing ice

we're having an amazing spring on the west coast of newfoundland - day after day of warm sunny weather. not so on the east coast. st. john's has had weeks of "rain, drizzle and fog" and very cool temperatures with
the northerly winds. yesterday the forcast on the radio announced "fog depositing ice" for st. john's. i love the "creativity" of that forcast. my 2 year old granddaughter (who lives in st. john's) asked her auntie the other day "where is the sun?"

1 comment:

Shammickite said...

Whenever I'm in St Johns for a week, it always starts out as "rain drizzle and fog" but by the time I leave, I've usually persuaded the sun to come out!
I've been dyeing yarn with Kool-Aid... and I posted some pics. Not sure what I'm going to knit, probably baby hats. Great colours, I'm very impressed!