Tuesday, January 10, 2012

on my 1 day off


yesterday i gave myself a day off. all of my yarn orders were finished and ready to be mailed off. (abigail and i took them to the post office for our late afternoon walk).

i was waiting for the last of the paperwork for getting my product across the border for the trade show. it arrived in the afternoon and i'll take it to customs today to be activated.
so, having nothing i needed to do,i gave myself a holiday.

i cooked up a lovely dish for dinner. (things have been pretty ragged in that field lately).

i spun up some more yarn.something secret for the new baby.

i carded up some fleece for a new project.

and worked out the next few steps on the piece i'm working on now.
i loved the freedom of the day. it was a day where i felt my mind expanding and reaching out.

3 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

yes, a perfect day doing the things you love

Taos Sunflower said...

Glad you had a day for yourself, Shawn; time to recharge your batteries, as we say here in solar land.

Elaine Mari said...

I call these days "a day without doing" though I often 'do' a lot, I tell myself I don't have to "do" anything;) I agree, it's a great feeling.