Wednesday, September 2, 2009

brother john


my sisters and i were all very close in age, but my brother was only 9 years old when i left home and still in high school when i moved to newfoundland. so we've lived our adult lives separately. in such a female dominated family, he was always an enigma to me. it's only in the last decade that we've become close, and although i visit him often in toronto, this is his first visit to my home in newfoundland. only a 1 day visit but with just the right combination of quiet talks by the fire the night of his arrival. yesterday spent showing him (and his friend) a little of my province - a trip down the south shore to bottle cove then back to the cabin for a liesurely afternoon and evening. they're off again this morning to continue their "10 days on the east coast trip". the cost and effort and time it took for him to come and see me for 1 day will always be in my heart...

1 comment:

Shammickite said...

I hope he loves Newfoundland, it's worth loving.