Wednesday, April 2, 2008

something for the men

i've been knitting alot of scarves lately. if i get accepted to the toronto one-of-a-kind show in december i'll just be taking scarves. (i was there 2 years ago with my hooked mats). i realized yesterday that i don't see many men's handmade scarves (online or at the craft fairs) so have decided to branch out. i consulted keith (he's fairly fashion conscious for a newfoundland mill worker). he says wide and short so you can tuck it into a jacket. i showed him what i made last night and he says the knit was too open. but when he tried it on he liked it and it looked good...


2 comments:

Robyn said...

men are a tough audience! but I think any man who would consider a handmade scarf is already ahead of the game. I love seeing the progress on your mat and I really love the black on black patterning. Very nice!

thanks for your nice note yesterday! It is good to be home and have a little time to regroup. But I am excited to head north...

Shammickite said...

Where do you buy your scottish burlap for the base of your hooked mats?
I've been following your progress with the mat... it's looking good!