Friday, November 18, 2011

and something else new


my first hat kit (posted on etsy yesterday) sold! now here is my next new kit. one of my biggest sellers for the past few years at the toronto one of a kind christmas show was my shawl/scarves. other customers bought yarn and i wrote out a pattern for them to make their own. i always knew a kit would be popular but wanted it to include handmade needles. the problem was that it needs to be knit on a circular needle because of all the stitches. my wonderful needle maker beth custom made these circular needles for me. the kit includes 2.5 oz of handspun, a #12 circular needle and a pattern card. the pattern calls for 3.5 oz of combined handspun and other commercial yarns so you will need to go to your own yarn stash and choose an ounce of interesting commercial novelty yarns to compliment the handspun. the kit comes in a little plastic pillow box (couldn't get a good photo of it because of light reflection). but it will make a handsome gift.

No comments: