Saturday, February 26, 2011

floating


in april i'm taking a vacation. i'm going to cuba with a friend and we're not bringing work (she is also an artist). i picture myself, every evening, floating in the roof top swimming pool as the sun sets over old havana. i haven't purchased a bathing suit for 30 years.i've had a few hand-me-downs from my daughter. but, like most women, i hate the way i look in a bathing suit. i got a new one this week. this time i realized that i didn't care how i looked. as long as it was comfortable and stayed on. there is a new freedom with being 60. when it is all about good health and new experience and vanity is a thing of the past. i am free. floating.

5 comments:

bluebird of paradise said...

Love it! You are going to have such a good time. LL bean has some gorgeous bathing suits. I need a new one too.

fabriquefantastique said...

with you on the bathing suit. Got a new one last year at Winners...rather chic RL in steel gray....my granddaughter said I looked like a whale

Shammickite said...

You are going to have a blast! Cuba.... can I come too?

Gina said...

Fantastic! Have a brilliant time.

Taos Sunflower said...

What a wonderful thing, to go to Havana. I can only imagine the colors there, and what inspiration you'll come home with.

I'm with you on 60! I wore Bermuda shorts in public (gasp) this past summer and decided to just enjoy myself and not worry about how awful I probably looked. It worked!