Saturday, May 30, 2009

sharing


this summer i'm turning my attention to growing vegetables. i haven't had a vegetable garden for over 20 years. like the craft community i'm part of, i see i'm entering into another community of sharing. yesterday, craig (who happens to be a potter - meadows point pottery) dropped in to see my greenhouse. craig is a serious gardener (he basically lives off of his own produce).he wants to replace the peaked roof of his greenhouse with a sloped one like mine (so that there is no snow build-up). i told him i would take photos and email them to him. i gave him a basil and a pepper plant and alot of spinach and lettuce seedlings. he's going to bring me egglplant and some tomato plants that are already in flower. he told me my onion sets were planted too deeply.

No comments: