Sunday, April 5, 2009

taxed

i'm facing a lot of deadlines right now (where did march go?). but no matter how productive i am, at the end of each day, my income tax return is still staring me in the face and clouding my sleep. so yesterday, i cleared off the kitchen table, turned my back on my spinning wheel and organized my tax information. i don't do my own taxes anymore - it's all become too complicated and keeps changing - but, as a "small business" it still takes a day to go through all my receipts etc, organize them into categories and try to make some sense of it all for my accountant. it's done and i slept well last night.

2 comments:

Taos Sunflower said...

I just can't stand paperwork. I think creative people just shouldn't have to do it! Can you imagine a new tax-exempt status for that?

Shammickite said...

Oh no.... that reminds me.... mine has to be done soon.