Monday, January 5, 2009

when roots and tendrils get tangled

or why my core has to be strong. my daughter and finn are gratefully home and doing well. he's a good feeder and so far is satisfied when his needs are met. but on the homefront keith is not doing well. he injured his back just before i left corner brook and now has sciatica. terrible pain and unhappiness. on sunday i called marilee - my dear dear friend - who arrived on the doorstep, stormed the house, worked out a shopping list and took keith to the hospital where he got some pain-relief and anti-inflamatory medication. no sleep last night so this morning our neighbour dug out the jeep (there's been alot of snow) and keith got an acupuncture treatment that really helped for now and is seeing his regular doctor this afternoon for stronger meds. so now i'm just waiting to see who needs me more - my daughter or my mate...

4 comments:

PhatLady said...

You are really needed right now! Sending positive thoughts...

bluebird of paradise said...

your daughter!~

Shammickite said...

and you feel like you're being torn in half, right? Not a good way to feel. I'm sure Keith is saying stay with your daughter and new baby, and daughter is probably saying I'm OK mum, go and look after Keith.

Robyn said...

stay strong! listen to what marilee is telling you...and try to be where you are. it's hard to be so competent and caring, eh?

lots of love out to you (and everybody in st.john's and keith!)