Friday, January 2, 2009

we think the baby is coming

today, in st. john's, the sun is shining. juncos and flickers are at the feeders and suet. last night at 2:00 my daughter started getting soft but regular contractions. at 3:30 we'd showered, had coffee and cereal into us and were watching an episode of rome. at 5:00 we all went back to bed. the contractions are further apart right now but much stronger. my daughter is back in bed trying to get more rest. nanny is taking the day off work and she'll stay with the other children at home until the birth is imminent. i'll go to the hospital with my daughter and son-in-law when the time is right. oooh...it's exciting.

3:00 pm baby update.(i know friends and family are checking in). still at home. things are moving slowly along. i'm thinking it could be a middle of the night baby. so everyone just resting up. my daughter bathing and napping and drinking lots of fluids.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

sending my thoughts of an easy labour and lots and lots of love!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for keeping us posted...you've all been in my heart. Martie