Monday, July 7, 2008

days and nights in dark cove




i've been at the cabin for the past few days. in the summer i try to stay there half the week. i love settling in for a few days at a time - allowing myself to slow down. for me it always takes more than a day trip (the cabin is just a 45 min. drive away) to quiet down. the cabin is primitive. no electricity, no running water, just an old outhouse. i find i notice the day. am keenly aware of the sunset because when it's gone, i'm in darkness (the cabin is in dark cove - so named for good reason). this time of year it's well after 10:00, so long full days. i'm lucky that i can take my work with me. finished another shawl and knit a scarf. on sunday did a thorough clean of the cabin. abigail stays with me. a good little companion. back and forth across the beach for water and walks wears her out. when the sun sets we're both ready for bed...



1 comment:

Shammickite said...

nighty night Abigail....