Friday, May 14, 2010

a very special request



when you mention "rughooking" in eastern canada, you think of deanne fitzpatrick.
deanne was originally from placentia bay, newfoundland but has lived most of her adult life in nova scotia. from her home studio she hooks her incredible rugs, writes her books, teaches her classes to rughookers from around the world and displays and sells her work.
so i was absolutely thrilled a couple of days ago when deanne contacted me and asked for a special order of yarn to use in her rugs- yarn of sea and sky and forest and meadow and garden.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

fantastic shawn!! two amazing people working together...it is going to be quite a rug!

Shammickite said...

I love that rug hooking! I have always wanted to try rug hooking, ever since I saw that fabulous rug you made and blogged about, the one based on that bright African fabric.

Rilla Marshall said...

that is fantastic and so much fun! Collaborating with other fibre folks is so satisfying....

Barbara said...

Hi Shawn,
It is Barbara here from Oakville (via Newfoundland).
What a wonderful combination ... rughooking is such a huge part of NF and the maritimes. I know it will be beautiful.
I took your advice from the One of a Kind and started a blog ... I am a little slow and tentative getting going ... but if you get a chance I would love your feedback
... it is brushesandcloth.blogspot.com
I would love to hear from you.
PS I am totally smitten with the skein inspired by coco