Thursday, August 27, 2009

times 3


for most craftspeople, september to november are the busiest months. the fall means flat out production for shop orders and craft fairs. i already have my order from the newfoundland and labrador craft shop at devon house. and i'm starting to stockpile for the toronto one of a kind christmas show in late november. and i'm still running my etsy shop and doing the saturday market here in corner brook. so i have to be working at producing all the time for the next three months. one solution to "maximising" production is to make more than 1 skein of yarn at a time. so when i decide on a "colourway" - a combination of colours and fibres to make into a batt - i make 12 batts instead of 4 and spin up 3 skeins instead of 1. so it's 1 skein for the devon house order, 1 skein for the market/etsy shop/toronto show and 1 skein for me to knit up into a scarflette, a hat, fingerless gloves or combine with other yarns for a shawl.

4 comments:

Shammickite said...

Lovely colours in those creations.

Robyn said...

you have my sympathies! 12 batts of the same colour way would make me crazy!!

tangledwool said...

I just wanted to comment on your August 25th post - the combination of tiger lillies and yarn really caught my eye. Absolutely lovely.

Taos Sunflower said...

I'm with Robyn on that but I'm sure it is more economy of motion in the long run.