Monday, August 17, 2009

it was magic


it was a holiday. a vacation. when i travel it's for work. or if it's not, i go to places that are exciting but challenging to me (like new york city) where i need to have all my wits about me. this past week in woody point was the best holiday i've ever had. yes - i was working (exhibiting and selling my work and the work of the west coast craft collective at the woody point writer's festival). but sales were good. and the crowd was wonderful. appreciative and knowledgeable (so i didn't have to explain why a skein of handspun costs $30.00). and everyone was happy. and relaxed. we all seemed to have left our lives behind and agreed to just enjoy the present moment. the glorious warm sun. the sparkling blue ocean. the friendship. the music and the words. 5 days with no radio or tv or newspaper of computer. just the moment.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Welcome back...I missed you!
Niki xoxo

Shammickite said...

Such a gorgeous area. I haven't been on the west coast for ages, will have to make up for that, maybe next year.
I saw a lot of your childens clothes and your sarfettes at devon House when I was in St John's last week.
And met a friend of yours... Heather Reeves.