Monday, December 22, 2008

there's nothing i need to do

this weekend i finished off my last commissioned piece. now there's nothing i have to do. i can't remember the last time i was in this position. always there are orders to work on. exhibitions to prepare for. i woke this morning to the first big storm of the season here on the west coast of newfoundland. rolled over and slept for another 1/2 hour. it's even too cold and snowy and windy to go for a walk with abigail. so i'll do a little spinning. maybe start sorting through some drawers of old paperwork. read a little. begin knitting a little cross-over vest for the new baby. all without the nagging weight of unfinished business on my shoulders...

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

Shawn, it's nice to have a storm day. It's blustery here. I'm playing on the computer and will start to wrap gifts.My only worry is running out of cat food. Although I do have two tins of tuna...